ADMISSIONS OPEN 2010
The University of Sindh invites applications on the prescribed forms for fresh admissions to:
̃ Ten-semester Pharm-D under the Faculty of Pharmacy.
̃ Eight-semester BS in Anthropology & Archaeology, Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Fresh Water Biology & Fisheries, Geography, Genetics, Geology, Information Technology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Physiology, Psychology, Software Engineering, Statistics, Telecommunication & Zoology under the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
̃ Eight-semester BS in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology (new subject) under Faculty of Natural Sciences.
̃ Eight-semester B.B.A. (Honours) & B.Com (Honours) under Faculty of Commerce & Business Administration.
̃ Eight-semester BS in Economics, General History, Health & Physical Education, International Relations, Mass Communication, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Rural Development(SDSC) under Faculty of Social Sciences.
̃ Eight-semester BS in English under Faculty of Arts.
̃ Eight-semester B.F.A. (Bachelor of Art & Design) & B.A. (Honours) Sindhi under Faculty of Arts.
̃ Six-semester B.A. (Honours) Arabic, Comparative Religion, Islamic Culture, Muslim History, Persian, Philosophy, Urdu under Faculties of Arts & Islamic Studies.
̃ Six-semester B.A. (Honours) Education under Faculty of Education @ Elsa Kazi Campus (Old Campus), Hyderabad.
H.S.C. Part-II Pre-Engineering, Pre-Medical, General Science, Commerce, Humanities (Arts) OR equivalent examination passed up to 2009 with at least 45% score from the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Hyderabad or any other recognized Institution.
̃ Four-semester M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Com./ M.P.A./ M.B.A. (Previous) in Arabic, Biochemistry, Bio-Technology, Botany, Chemistry, Comparative Religion, Computer Science, Economics, English(Linguistics & Literature), Fresh Water Biology & Fisheries, General History, Geography, International Relations, Islamic Culture, Mass Communication, Mathematics, Muslim History, Persian, Philosophy, Physics, Physiology, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Statistics, Urdu, Zoology including Environmental Sciences, Home Economics, Pakistan Studies, Development Studies(SDSC), Women Development Studies and Masters’ Degree in Computer Science (MCS for BCS (Pass) Three Years candidates).
̃ Two-semester Post Graduate Diploma in Library & Information Science(PG-DLIS).
̃ Two-semester Master of Library & Information Science(MLIS).
Bachelors’ degree in the relevant discipline from the University of Sindh or any other recognized Institution/ University or equivalent examination passed upto 2008, with at least 2nd Division score.
· Application forms alongwith Catalogue—2010 can be obtained on payment of Rs. 900/- including Pre-Entry Test Fees (non refundable) through Bank Challan from the following designated branches of Habib Bank Limited, with effect from 15-09-2009 to 05-10-2009.
(The applicant who has applied for more than one category should deposit pre-entry test fees once and if he/ she desires to obtain another application form then he/ she should deposit Rs. 300/- only as form fee by showing bank challan of his 1st obtained application form + pre-entry test fee).
Designated Branches of Habib Bank Limited:
· Application forms and proforma of admit card/ slip can also be downloaded from Sindh University website www.usindh.edu.pk (fees of the downloaded admission form +pre-entry test, is to be deposited in the branches of H.B.L. at Old Campus, Hyderabad and University of Sindh, Jamshoro).
· The Hostel accommodation forms can be obtained from the above notified/ designated branches of H.B.L. on payment of Rs. 50/- and the same duly filled-in and completed in all respects be submitted in the office of the Provost, Boys Hostels/ Provost, Girls Hostels, after seeking admission in the University.
Ø Pre-Entry Test for admissions to various Bachelors’ Programs will be conducted on Sunday 8th November, 2009 and for admissions to various Masters’ Programs on Sunday 18th October, 2009 at Allama I.I. Kazi Campus, University of Sindh, Jamshoro.
Ø Incomplete application forms shall be rejected.
Ø The Aptitude Test & Interview for B.F.A. (Art & Design) will be conducted on 05-11-2009
Ø The dates for Aptitude Test for BS H.PE. Part-I & Trails for selection against Sports seats, is to be announced later on.
Ø Candidates appearing in the PRE-ENTRY TESTS, will have to collect Slips/Admit Cards personally with effect from 15-10-2009 to 17-10-2009 (Masters’ Program) and from 04-11-2009 to 07-11-2009 (Bachelors’ Program) at Sindh University Model School/Elsa Kazi Campus (Old
· Please read the Catalogue carefully before filling-in the Admission Form.
· Candidates are advised to use only one admission form mentioning ten choices of Major subject in order of preference in which they are interested and relevant to the Group studied by them at H.S.C. level, e.g. Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical/Commerce/Bachelor’s Degree level etc.
· Candidates applying on SPORTS BASIS are directed to fill-up separate application form (pink colour) alongwith enclosed Proforma.
· The form(s) be submitted personally by hand at the DIRECTORATE OF ADMISSIONS, Sayyid Ghulam Mustafa Shah Administration Building (AC-II), New Campus, Jamshoro.
· Please bring a Photostat copy of the Admission Form to obtain a receipt on the Photostat copy of the Admission Form duly signed & stamped by the officer concerned.
NOTE:— HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF SEATS
Note: This is only for Pakistani students. Foreign Students can apply through their Embassy.
( Noor Ahmed Bhatti )
University of Sindh, Jamshoro
Directorate of Admissions,
University of Sindh, Allama I.I.Kazi Campus,
Jamshoro-76080, Sindh, Pakistan
© 2009, University of Sindh Best viewed resolution (1024 x 768) for Comments : email@example.com